Damage to Aishalton main access road being assessed

admin adurdd , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

first_img– Govt promises relief to residents soonOne day after it was reported that the main access road to Aishalton from Lethem, Region Nine, was cut off to residents due to the flash flooding over the weekend, the Public Infrastructure Ministry related that they were working assiduously to assess and evaluate the damage. As such, the residents of Aishalton were asked to remain patient as regional engineers consult with the Regional Executive Officer (REO) on the way forward.“The Ministry of Public Infrastructure along with the Ministry of Natural Resources understand the importance of this access road to the livelihood of the residents in and around Aishalton and jointly, the Ministries will ensure that the road will become passable in a short while. We deeply regret any inconveniences caused by this unforeseen event,” the statement added.The main access road connecting two major indigenous communities – Lethem and Aishalton – has been completely cut off as the rainy season has only just begun.Toshao of Aishalton, Michael Thomas on Monday told Guyana Times that a particular location, some 12 miles from his village, is in a deplorable state and in dire need of emergency repairs.The damage, he added, has cut off all vehicles travelling from Lethem to Aishalton, as well as seven other surrounding villages.The alternative route requires an additional 60 miles of driving. As a result of this destruction, fuel supply to the communities has decreased, the Toshao said.The situation is expected to worsen, as June month is the peak of the rainy season, which lasts until August in those areas.The location began eroding two years ago due to the rainy season, but this time around, the damage is greater. According to the Toshao, the hole in the road is two metres deep and it has become. Additionally, the culverts have broken in half.Toshao Thomas explained that in 2017, the village received assistance from the Regional Democratic Council (RDC) to fix the road, and last year, help was provided by the Brazilian Army which was in Guyana to drill wells in the Rupununi.This time around, the Toshao believes assistance from Central Government may be required.Minibus operators are even complaining of the deplorable state of the Linden-Lethem road, describing it as a “death trap”.The bus operators who reached out to Guyana Times on Sunday described the trail as a “death trap” and bashed the Public Infrastructure Ministry for paying zero interest in conducting long-term repairs to that trail which is the only access to those areas.The trail has been in a deteriorated state for years and worsens during the rainy seasons after which minor substandard repairs are done on certain patches and the problem continues to recur.A route 72 bus driver, Keith Daniels, on Sunday told Guyana Times that he was forced to park his minibus due to the condition of the road since the risk of making a trip is way more than the gains.“To be honest, since Wednesday I ain’t make a trip. The last trip I make last week I had to come and take my bus to the mechanic and spend a set of money which I didn’t even make. This trail just getting bad to worse. Destroying people bus.“The Government need to do better than what they are doing. The small man punishing in this place. You struggling to get load to go up and when you do, you are faced with that trash for a road. We got families to feed and we gotta pay mortgage and even pay for the same bus that destroying in that mud. This could be fair,” he argued.last_img

You May Also Like..

Dixie State Baseball Hosts Azusa Pacific Thursday-Saturday

first_img Tags: Dixie State Baseball February 12, 2020 /Sports News – Local Dixie State Baseball Hosts Azusa Pacific Thursday-Saturday Brad James Written by FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailST. GEORGE, Utah-Thursday-Saturday, Dixie State baseball (7-0) hosts Azusa Pacific, their former Pacific West Conference rival for the season-opening series at Bruce Hurst Field.Dixie State is coached by Chris Pfatenhauer (246-125-1, .662; 298-184-1, .615 as a collegiate head coach) who is in his eighth season at the helm of the Trailblazers’ program.The Trailblazers will go with right-handed pitcher Justin Dunham (1-0; 1.12 ERA) in the series opener.For Friday’s games, left-handed pitcher Jack Gonzales (1-0; 2.00 ERA) gets the nod in the first game, followed by right-handed pitcher Haiden Hendricks (1-0; 2.57 ERA) and Saturday, the Trailblazers go with left-hander Tevita Gerber (2-0; 0.82 ERA).Presently, Dixie State is led by sophomore third baseman Tyson Fisher in batting average (.519) and hits (14).Senior catcher Cade Spurlin leads the Trailblazers in home runs (3) and RBI (9).The 3-5 Cougars are coached by Paul Svagdis who is 564-336 (.627) as the Azusa Pacific head coach having taken over the helm in 2003.Senior right-handed pitcher/infielder Nick Estrella is tied for the team lead in hits (8) with junior infielder Osvaldo Tovalin and sophomore infielder Tido Robles.Estrella also has a team-best 2 home runs and is tied for the team-lead in RBI (5) with senior outfielder Griffen Herrera.The Cougars lead the Trailblazers 19-15 all-time but Dixie State has won 12 of the last 22 overall in the series.last_img

Gazprom begins drilling first producing well at Kharasaveyskoye field

first_img Kara Sea coastline near Kharasaveyskoye field in Russia. (Credit: Gazprom) Gazprom has commenced drilling of first producing well at the Kharasaveyskoye field located in the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug of northwest Siberia in Russia.The Kharasaveyskoye field is located to the north of the company’s producing Bovanenkovskoye field, which is considered to be the largest field in the Yamal Peninsula on the basis of explored gas reserves.Kharasaveyskoye field to commence production from 2023According to estimates, the field has gas reserves of about two trillion cubic meters. The Kharasaveyskoye field is planned to commence production from 2023 and is expected to produce until 2131.The firm is planning to produce 32 billion cubic meters of gas per year from the field’s Cenomanian-Aptian deposits.In a press statement, Gazprom said: “Well No. 4051 with a projected depth of 2,540 meters is the first one in gas well cluster No. 5; the cluster will have 11 wells in total. This year, 16 wells are expected to be completely drilled.“It is particularly fitting that this important step in the development of the Kharasaveyskoye field was made on Russia Day.”The gas produced from the Kharasaveyskoye field will be fed into Russia’s Unified Gas Supply System.In March 2010, Gazprom said it has officially launched the full-scale development of the Kharasaveyskoye field.The Kharasaveyskoye field is considered to be the second most important field for Gazprom after the Bovanenkovskoye field in its Yamal gas production centre, which is expected to produce up to 360 billion cubic meters of gas per year. Gazprom is planning to produce 32 billion cubic meters of gas per year from the field’s Cenomanian-Aptian depositslast_img

Criminal sub-letter linked to cannabis farms jailed for seven years

first_imgA man behind one of the UK’s most prolific and illegal property sub-letting operations has been sentenced to seven years and four months in jail following an investigation by the National Crime Agency (NCA).43-year-old Feng Xu was arrested in May after police discovered he was operating a network of 446 properties across the UK which were leased from landlords and then sublet to criminal gangs to house cannabis farms, brothels and accommodation for illegal immigrants.In October Xu pleaded guilty to 22 different offences including fraud and money laundering, but was sentenced on Friday.The court heard how Xu operated a criminal sub-letting property empire on an industrial scale from his flat in central Birmingham.The Chinese national, who arrived in the UK in 1996 as a student and had been living as an illegal immigrant since 2000, was found to have a stash of 31 false passports, numerous other fake ID documents and £94,000 in cash.Fake documentsInvestigators found that Xu had built up his empire by making many of the fake documents himself including payslips, utility bills and bank statements to persuade landlords that he was renting their property as a bonafide tenants with the ‘right to rent’.During the three-and-a-half years his illegal business operated some £4 million as paid in rent to unsuspecting landlords.The operation was uncovered after separate police forces raided cannabis farms and brothels and the same picture of Xu kept cropping up during investigations.“In taking Xu out we will have caused significant disruption to a number of different organised crime groups involved in prostitution, people smuggling and drug production,” says Martin Grace, a branch commander at the NCA.Feng xu sub-letter National Crime Agency properties December 23, 2019Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » Crime » Criminal sub-letter linked to cannabis farms jailed for seven years previous nextCriminal sub-letter linked to cannabis farms jailed for seven yearsChinese national and illegal immigrant Feng Xu ran an empire of 446 properties that he sub-let to criminal gangs running brothels and cannabis farms.Nigel Lewis23rd December 201901,743 Viewslast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *