Thieves hit GVA Grimley in £40,000 computer heist

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Read More

Single parents struggle more than most families, research says

first_imgStuff co.nz 13 July 2015Single parents still face more challenges than any other type of family, new research has found.The 2015 Families and Whanau Status Report, released by the Social Policy Evaluation and Research Unit (Superu), showed while most families were doing reasonably well when it came to measures such as income, housing and health, single-parent families were the exception.Of 140,000 single-parent families with at least one child under 18, 54 per cent had an income below 60 per cent of the median family income, the report found.More than two-thirds lived in the less well-off neighbourhoods as measured by the Deprivation Index, and one in five lived in the most deprived neighbourhoods.Members of single-parent families were more likely to suffer from mental health issues, with 56 per cent rated as having worse mental health than the median for the population as a whole.Of teenagers from two-parent families, 72 per cent reported that their family often had fun together, compared to 62 per cent from single-parent families.http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/parenting/family-life/70186781/Single-parents-struggle-more-than-most-families-research-sayslast_img read more

adminSeptember 27, 2020lxcyevLeave a Comment

Read More

New Haitian government starts work after inauguration

first_img Tweet 8 Views   no discussions Sharing is caring! Share Haiti’s new Prime Minister Garry ConillePORT AU PRINCE, Haiti — Haiti’s new prime minister, Garry Conille, and his 16 ministers started work on Wednesday after an inauguration ceremony in the capital, Port-au-Prince, on Tuesday.Earlier this month, Conille received the approval of the Haitian Parliament, which had rejected the two previous candidates nominated by President Michel Martelly.The United Nations peacekeeping mission in Haiti congratulated the country’s new prime minister and his cabinet and urged all actors to work together to rebuild a strong and democratic nation.In a news release issued Tuesday night, the UN Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH) said it hopes that the Executive, the Parliament and other forces will “continue to work together to strengthen democratic institutions, promote the rule of law and facilitate an environment conducive to social and economic development.”Last week the Security Council extended MINUSTAH’s mandate for another year, until October 2012, and called on the international community to work closely with the mission to assist the impoverished nation on education, health, reconstruction and security matters.With the new government now in place, MINUSTAH called on all parties to unite to carry out the necessary measures to rebuild a new Haiti, fully respectful of democratic values.The mission pledged the continued support of the entire UN family to support the Haitian people and government as they take on the challenges facing the country, which has been torn by instability, afflicted by hurricanes, floods and landslides, and is still struggling to recover from the devastating 2010 earthquake that killed over 200,000 people and displaced 2.3 million more.Last week the Security Council extended MINUSTAH’s mandate for another year, until October 2012, and called on the international community to work closely with the mission to assist the impoverished nation on education, health, reconstruction and security matters.Meanwhile, the mission’s human rights section, along with the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), is partnering with a local organization known as the Support Centre for Women Victims of Sexual Abuse (CAFVAS) in combating gender-based violence. The organization last week officially opened its new premises in the Martissant section of Port-au-Prince in an effort to provide medical, psychological and legal assistance to victims of violence, including sexual abuse.Caribbean News Nowcenter_img NewsRegional New Haitian government starts work after inauguration by: – October 20, 2011 Share Sharelast_img read more

adminSeptember 26, 2020lxcyevLeave a Comment

Read More

Anelka gives celebration assurance

first_img West Brom conceded the gesture had caused offence and have asked Anelka not to repeat the celebration, which is still being investigated by the FA. The French striker has denied the salute had any anti-Semitic connotations but he caused a storm in his native France by the gesture during the 3-3 draw with West Ham. Nicolas Anelka will be considered for West Brom’s match against Newcastle after the French striker agreed not to perform his controversial ‘quenelle’ goal celebration again. Press Association It added: “Nicolas said that he performed the gesture to dedicate his goal to a friend and vehemently denied having any intention to cause offence. “Upon reporting for training this morning, Nicolas was asked by sporting and technical director Richard Garlick to give a full explanation about his goal celebration, during which he again strongly denied intending to cause offence.” Pictures have also emerged of two other French players, Samir Nasri and Mamadou Sakho, performing the gesture. The photograph of Manchester City playmaker Nasri was taken outside the club’s Carrington training base and is thought to date back to November. It is understood that Nasri was unaware of the anti-Semitic or political connotations of the gesture. Liverpool defender Sakho said in November that he was tricked into performing the gesture. He wrote on his Twitter account: “This photo was taken six months ago, I did not know the meaning of this gesture, I got trapped!” On Monday, a Liverpool spokesperson told Press Association Sport: “Mamadou Sakho has explained that when posing for the photo, taken over six months ago, he had no knowledge of any meaning or significance attached to the gesture.” West Brom caretaker boss Keith Downing said Anelka had been taken aback by the fury his actions had generated. Downing said: “He was kind of surprised by the reaction that’s happened but we’ve stated already it won’t happen again. The reaction from it was obviously not favourable.” Downing said he may pick the striker for the match against Newcastle on Wednesday but admitted that the controversy – which is still being investigated by the FA – has become a distraction. A statement issued by West Brom said: “The club fully acknowledges that Nicolas’ goal celebration has caused offence in some quarters and has asked Nicolas not to perform the gesture again. Nicolas immediately agreed to adhere to this request.” The ‘quenelle’ salute was brought to prominence in his homeland by French comedian Dieudonne M’Bala M’Bala, who has been prosecuted for anti-Semitism. The European Jewish Congress has demanded action against Anelka, claiming it is an inverted Nazi salute. French minister for sport Valerie Fourneyron also condemned the gesture as “shocking” and “disgusting”. Anelka has stated on Twitter it was nothing more than a “special dedication to (his) friend Dieudonne”. The West Brom statement said the club’s own investigation was continuing alongside the FA’s. last_img read more

adminSeptember 21, 2020lxcyevLeave a Comment

Read More

Ireland look to keep momentum

first_img India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni can afford the luxury of looking forward to the knockout phases and admits that, despite his team’s unbeaten record, they must remain wary. “What will be important is how good a cricket you play on that particular day, especially going into the knockout stages,” he said. “You will have to get the big batsmen – who can really score quick runs – out cheaply. That will be a big benefit and all the sides they have got batsmen like that. “A lot will depend on how you play or what kind of cricket you play on that particular day. I feel all the teams, they are nicely matched. “All of them, they have the right combination and all of them, they have clicked to a lot of extent. So I feel it’s a really balanced World Cup.” Press Association India have already qualified for the last-eight and could opt to rest some of their key players at Seddon Park, but Porterfield is not banking on the prospect. “No, I don’t think their guard will ever be down,” he said. “Whatever they decide to do is out of our control. Whoever they decide to play, it doesn’t really bother me. “We’ve just got to keep all the momentum going and keep on improving at the little things we want to and keep taking things forward.” Ireland’s status as a genuine threat to the established nations in world cricket has again been confirmed at this tournament, although it would arguably be their greatest giant-killing should they beat an India side unbeaten at this tournament. Porterfield will not let his team think in such terms after repeating throughout the World Cup that his side were looking no further ahead than their next game. “Every game there’s the same amount of points up for grabs, and India game is no different,” he said. “We’ve got to go into that looking to take two points and follow from there.” William Porterfield’s men need to win one from their final two pool games to progress out of their group for the second time in three World Cups. Already they have beaten two full-member nations, West Indies and Zimbabwe, but a third scalp is likely still required with Pakistan also still to play next Sunday. Ireland can confirm their place in the World Cup quarter-finals if they pull off another upset against defending champions India on Tuesday in Hamilton.last_img read more

adminSeptember 20, 2020lxcyevLeave a Comment

Read More

Police investigating woman’s body found on I-95 as homicide

first_imgInvestigators say the discovery of a woman’s body on I-95 is now being investigated as a homicide.According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a driver found the body on Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. on the southbound side of I-95 near mile marker 127, which is north of Midway Road, when he pulled over with car trouble.On Thursday, the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office identified the woman as Cindy Marie McDonald, 57, of Fort Pierce, and said her death is being investigated as a homicide.Deputies say McDonald’s body was dumped on the side of I-95, but are not sure what exactly happened.“If you recognize Cindy McDonald, or had any contact with her in the days leading up Tuesday, we need them to contact the detectives,” said Chief Deputy Garry Wilson. “If anyone saw Cindy last week at any time, we would like to know where she was seen and who she might have been with.” If you have any information that can help investigators, call the sheriff’s office at 772-462-3230, or Treasure Coast Crime Stoppers at 1-800-273-8477.last_img read more

adminSeptember 20, 2020lxcyevLeave a Comment

Read More

Onazi Seals Move to Trabzonspor

first_imgNigeria international Ogenyi Onazi has joined Turkish Super League side Trabzonspor on a four-year-deal.The Lazio midfielder, who was welcomed by a sizeable number of Trabzonspor supporters and club officials at Ataturk Airport, told AfricanFootball.com that he signed a four year deal.“Thank you bros. I signed a four-year-deal with Trabzonspor,” he revealed yesterday.Onazi was also a target of another Turkish club Besiktas. The Jos-born star arrived in company with his agent Ayodele Makinwa.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

adminSeptember 18, 2020lxcyevLeave a Comment

Read More

Marketing First…SBTech forms strategic partnership with NetRefer

first_img Kambi takes control of Churchill Downs BetAmerica sportsbook August 28, 2020 Delasport clients get access to Kiron’s BetMan RGS platform April 27, 2020 Industry platform and sports betting provisions supplier SBTech has moved to optimise its client marketing and player acquisition capabilities by forming a strategic partnership with NetRefer. Confirming its plans, SBTech will now make NetRefer’s ‘Performance Marketing Product Suite’ its choice marketing software for its industry client portfolio. Moving forward SBTech will plug-in the suite, making NetRefer marketing provisions available to new and existing clients.Detailing the importance of the partnership, SBTech stated that its client would gain ‘seamless control’ of digital marketing initiatives ‘under one consolidated umbrella’.Updating the market, Richard Carter, CEO for SBTech, welcomed NetRefer as a prime partner: “Offering NetRefer as part of our package will significantly enhance our clients’ operations, providing them with a unified view of their marketing campaigns and the opportunity to fully automate the affiliate life cycle – from signup, to CRM management and customer reporting.”Timothy Buttigieg, COO at NetRefer, backed Carter’s comments stating: “We are ecstatic to partner with SBTech, empowering their vast portfolio of operators with our holistic Performance Marketing product suite.” Related Articles Kambi and DraftKings agree on final closure terms July 24, 2020 Submit Share StumbleUpon Sharelast_img read more

Read More

Dodgers stats at the 2018 All-Star break

first_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error The Dodgers (53-43) set a franchise record with 55 home runs during the month of June and reached the All-Star break leading the National League in home runs (129).Despite having four-fifths of their starting rotation on the DL at one point and eight pitchers currently sidelined, the Dodgers’ staff ERA (3.49) is the best in the NL. How else do they measure up with the rest of MLB, statistically?Statistical category (MLB ranking)DODGERS OFFENSE Team ERA – 3.49 (third)Bullpen ERA – 3.80 (13th)WHIP – 1.20 (T-third)Strikeouts per 9 inns – 9.48 (fourth)Opponent OPS – .683 (fifth)Opponent batting avg. – .236 (eighth)center_img On-base pct. – .325 (ninth)Slugging pct. – .429 (sixth)OPS – .753 (fifth)Batting average – .244 (T-17th)DODGERS PITCHINGlast_img read more

Read More