South Africa names Pravin Gordhan finance minister

first_imgThe Presidency has announced that Pravin Gordhan, the previous minister of co-operative governance and traditional affairs, is to take up the position of minister of finance. He held the same position from 2009 to 2014, and now replaces David van Rooyen.Pravin Gordhan returns as the South African minister of finance on 13 December 2015. (Image: South African government, Flickr)Pravin Gordhan was named the new minister of finance on 13 December, replacing David van Rooyen who was appointed to the role last week.“On 9 December 2015, I announced the appointment of a new minister of finance, David van Rooyen,” President Jacob Zuma said. “I have received many representations to reconsider my decision. As a democratic government, we emphasise the importance of listening to the people and to respond to their views.“In this regard, I have, after serious consideration and reflection, taken the following decision; I have appointed Pravin Gordhan, the current minister of co-operative governance and traditional affairs as the new minister of finance.”Gordhan held the post previously from 2009 to 2014.“I have also decided to appoint Van Rooyen as the new minister of co-operative governance and traditional affairs.”Source: The PresidencyWould you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See Using Brand South Africa material.last_img read more

admin December 18, 2019 buraha Leave a Comment

Read More

9 months agoWest Brom move for Liverpool winger Ben Woodburn

first_imgWest Brom move for Liverpool winger Ben Woodburnby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveWest Brom are moving for Liverpool winger Ben Woodburn.The 19-year-old is the subject of interest from three Championship sides.Albion asked if they could take him as soon as they discovered freescoring Harvey Barnes was being recalled by Leicester City.But they aren’t alone with a host of other clubs keen for the teenager to sign with Wigan also said to be in the race. TagsTransfersLoan MarketAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

admin October 28, 2019 buraha Leave a Comment

Read More

RCMP looking for missing 27yearold female

first_imgIf you have any information about her whereabouts, please contact Grande Prairie RCMP Detachment at 780-830-5700. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1.800.222.8477 (TIPS) or by Internet at www.tipsubmit.com GRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. – The Grande Prairie RCMP are seeking the public’s assistance in locating 27-year-old Amelia Crocker.  She was last seen by family members in Grande Prairie on February 26, 2018 but she has been in communication with friends as late as March 26, 2018.Amelia is described as:CaucasianMedium length brown hairBrown Eyes5’2″/ 140 lbsThere is a concern for Crocker’s well-being. The RCMP would like to locate and speak with her as soon as possible.last_img read more

admin October 13, 2019 vsxrnd Leave a Comment

Read More

Nitro FMX World Tour returns to Dawson Creek this January

first_imgAll fans will receive free Pit Passes with advance ticket purchases until November 30, 2018. Pit Passes will allow fans to come on to the floor and Party in the Pits and meet all the stars of the Nitro FMX WORLD TOUR. Pit Party is from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm. This allows fans the chance to meet the riders and take the opportunity to take pictures and receive autographs. Tickets will be available for purchase on Friday, October 19 at 10:00 AM PST.  Group packages are available for groups of 9 or more people.  Please call 250-782-7443 for group options.Tickets are priced at $39.00, $29.00 for adults and $15.00 for children ages 12 and under plus applicable fees.  Tickets may be purchased online at www.tigerboxofficeplus.ca by phone at 1-877-339-8499, and in person at the Tiger Box Office Plus location at the Encana Events Centre or at Systems Sound Source Ticket Outlet in Fort St. John. BC. DAWSON CREEK, B.C. – Nitro FMX World Tour will take place on Saturday, January 19th, 2019 at 6:00 pm at the Encana Event Centre Dawson Creek B.C. The NITRO FMX World Tour is an extreme action sports competition that was formed to tour the USA, Canada, Mexico and select European countries.Pro riders will participate in an intense competition, throwing out some of the most death-defying tricks ever seen. Superman Seat Grabs, Cliff Hangers, Kiss of Death, Back Flips and Super Back Flips combinations are just some of the tricks that will be used to fight for the “NITRO FMX World Tour” Championship Title. BACKFLIPS & SUPER BACKFLIPS are guaranteed at the “NITRO FMX World Tour” giving a full throttle explosive display. Watch as high flying FMX PRO’S compete to be on top. They’ll defy gravity and rock the Encana Events Centre on Saturday, January 19th, 2019 through death-defying stunts and HARD-CORE BACKFLIPS.last_img read more

admin October 13, 2019 rlzoys Leave a Comment

Read More

NASAs historic allwomen spacewalk scrapped due to lack of fitting spacesuits

first_imgWashington DC: NASA’s plan to conduct the first all-female spacewalk this month had to be scrapped after the crew aboard the International Space Station encountered an unexpected setback — the lack of well-fitting spacesuits, the US space agency said. NASA astronauts Anne McClain and Christina Koch were scheduled to conduct the historic spacewalk on March 29 to install powerful lithium-ion batteries for one pair of the station’s solar arrays. Since the space station was assembled in 1998, 214 spacewalks have taken place, all of which had at least one male astronaut. However, after McClain conducted her first spacewalk on March 22, she realised that a medium-size hard upper torso — essentially the shirt of the spacesuit — fits her best. Since only one medium-size torso can be made ready by March 29, Koch will wear it, the US space agency said in a statement. McClain now is tentatively scheduled to perform her next spacewalk on Monday, April 8 with Canadian Space Agency astronaut David Saint-Jacques. These will be the 215th and 216th spacewalks in the history of International Space Station assembly and maintenance. During the first spacewalk of the series, on March 22, McClain became the 13th woman to perform a spacewalk. Koch will become the 14th on March 29. No difference exists in a male’s or female’s suit, but female astronaut usually require a smaller size. The shuttle spacesuit was designed to be made of many interchangeable parts, to accommodate the large number of astronauts with widely varying body sizes. These parts (upper and lower torsos, arms, etc.) are made in different sizes. The body measurements of each shuttle astronaut are taken and recorded. Then the measurements are plotted against the size ranges available for each spacesuit component, according to NASA. The suit components are then assembled. Training suits are usually assembled nine months prior to flight, and flight suits are usually assembled four months prior to flight. We do our best to anticipate the spacesuit sizes that each astronaut will need, based on the spacesuit size they wore in training on the ground, and in some cases astronauts train in multiple sizes, said Brandi Dean, spokeswoman of the Johnson Space Center in Houston.last_img read more

admin October 12, 2019 buraha Leave a Comment

Read More

BJP begins backchannel talks to gain Jagans nod

first_imgHyderabad: Gearing up for the post-poll scenario, where it may need support from non-NDA parties, BJP has begun backchannel talks with YSR Congress Party, which may emerge as a kingmaker in the event of a hung Parliament. Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Amit Shah is said to have begun backchannel talks with Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, whose YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) is likely to bag majority of 25 Lok Sabha seats in Andhra Pradesh. According to sources, the talks are on over Jagan’s charter of demands with Special Category Status (SCS) to the state topping the list. Other demands could include number of ministries for YSRCP and the financial and other assistance the state would get from Delhi. Also Read – 2019 most peaceful festive season for J&K: Jitendra Singh However, there was no confirmation from YSRCP leadership about the backchannel talks. Party leaders said they were not aware of any talks between Jagan and Shah. The final four phases of the poll, started on April 29, is described as the real election for BJP. Out of 240 seats that are at stake in these phases, BJP had bagged more than 160 in 2014 polls. If things do not move its way in these crucial phases, the BJP may have to look for support from others, especially someone like Jagan, given the number of seats his party is predicted to win. Also Read – Personal life needs to be respected: Cong on reports of Rahul’s visit abroad The BJP leaders, however, feel that some of the demands put forth by Jagan as a precondition for support were outlandish. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) raids on YSRCP leader and industrialist K. Raghu Rama Krishna Raju in an alleged Rs 947 crore bank loan default case on Tuesday assumed significance in this backdrop. The BJP apparently wanted to send a message to Jagan. It is an open secret that BJP and YSRCP have had good relations, especially after Telugu Desam Party (TDP) walked out of National Democratic Alliance (NDA) over its refusal to accord SCS to Andhra Pradesh. In fact, one of the reasons Chief Minister and TDP president N. Chandrababu Naidu cited for severing ties with BJP was the latter cosying up to his rival Jagan Mohan Reddy. Frequent appointments given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Jagan and his other party leaders had angered Naidu. In the run-up to the elections and during the campaign, Naidu repeatedly targeted Jagan for what he called his secret understanding with the BJP and Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao. The TDP chief claimed that the YSRCP leader bartered the state’s interests to save himself in the corruption cases he was facing. Jagan defended the friendship with KCR’s Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS). “What is wrong if I am with TRS as they are supporting our demand for special category status,” the young leader said at one of the election rallies. There was no such defence for friendship with BJP for fear of losing the votes of minorities. The YSRCP chief, however, praised Modi even while complaining that NDA has not done justice to the state by denying SCS. Realising that their party is already on a weak turf in Andhra, both Modi and Shah during the couple of rallies they addressed trained guns on Naidu but avoided criticizing Jagan. The YSRCP leader also kept everyone guessing with often repeated stand that he wants to see a hung Parliament so that the state can get a better deal from the Centre. He stated on many occasions that his party will extend support to whoever agrees to accord special status to the state. In 2014, YSRCP had bagged eight Lok Sabha seats in Andhra Pradesh while TDP had won 15 and its then ally BJP two. This time, Jagan’s party is confident of winning 20-22 seats and this could be a big number in the event of polls throwing up a hung House.last_img read more

admin October 12, 2019 xdabuo Leave a Comment

Read More

Facebook sues South Korean firm over data misuse

first_imgSan Francisco: Battling the Cambridge Analytica data scandal, Facebook has now filed a lawsuit in California state court against Rankwave, a South Korean data analytics company that ran apps on its platform. The lawsuit alleged that Rankwave abused Facebook’s developer platform’s data and refused to cooperate with a mandatory compliance audit and request to delete the data. “Facebook was investigating Rankwave’s data practices in relation to its advertising and marketing services. “Rankwave failed to cooperate with our efforts to verify their compliance with our policies, which we require of all developers using our platform,” Jessica Romero, Director of Platform Enforcement and Litigation said in a statement on late Friday. She added that Facebook has already suspended apps and accounts associated with Rankwave. “The lawsuit asks the court to enforce the basic cooperation terms that Rankwave agreed to in exchange for the opportunity to operate apps on the platform,” Romero noted. According to TechCrunch, Facebook’s lawsuit centres around Rankwave offering to help businesses build a Facebook authorization step into their apps so they can pass all the user data to Rankwave. “It then analyzes biographic and behavioural traits to supply user contact info and ad targeting assistance to the business,” the report said. “That app could pull data about your Facebook activity such as location checkins, determine that you’ve checked into a baseball stadium, and then Rankwave could help its clients target you with ads for baseball tickets,” the report noted. Rankwave’s Android app asks for users’ Facebook data in exchange for providing them a “Social Influencer Score”. “By filing the lawsuit, we are sending a message to developers that Facebook is serious about enforcing our policies, including requiring developers to cooperate with us during an investigation,” said the social network giant. Facebook recently announced to ban personality quiz apps on its platform — a move taken after the Cambridge Analytica scandal last year that helped researchers access personal information of 87 million users via the quiz app “thisisyourdigitallife”. Federal prosecutors in the US are now probing whether top executives of Facebook were aware of data harvesting by the British political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica.last_img read more

admin October 12, 2019 adurdd Leave a Comment

Read More

UEFA award Real Madrid €886m for Champions League win

first_imgThe UEFA announced that Real Madrid earned €88.6m for last season’s Champions League triumphThe football governing body confirmed payments that have been made to clubs who participated in the 2017/18 Champions League on Thursday morning.And it’s been announced on the UEFA website that Real have emerged as top earners with over €88m.Under Zinedine Zidane, Los Blancos won their third successive European title after defeating Liverpool 3-1 in the final at Kiev in May through a brace from Gareth Bale and another from Karim Benzema.While they didn’t claim the top prize last season, Liverpool will still receive €81.2m in total from UEFA for their final appearance.David Villa, SpainQuiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.Real’s city rivals Atletico Madrid earned €16.1m for their Europa League triumph last season and a further €31.7m for their participation in the Champions League, while beaten finalists Marseille got €23m.All clubs that competed in the Champions League group stage received a minimum of €12.7m.Overall, €1.412bn was paid out to all competing clubs Champions League and another €428.1m to those in the Europa League.Below is a list of the top earners from last season’s Champions LeagueReal Madrid (€88m)AS Roma (€83m)Liverpool (€81m)Juventus (€80m)Bayern Munich (€70m)Chelsea (€65m)Manchester City (€63m)PSG (€62m)Barcelona (€57m)Manchester United (€40m)last_img read more

admin September 18, 2019 gfcnhr Leave a Comment

Read More

Garry Cook Man City held talks with John Terry in 2009

first_imgFormer chief executive Garry Cook confirmed that Manchester City held talks with John Terry over summer transfer from Chelsea in 2009Under new billionaire owner Sheikh Mansour who had taken control 12 months earlier, the big-spending City approached Chelsea over a move for their captain.The Blues permitted City to begin talks with Terry and a five-year contract with a weekly wage of £200,000 was offered to the centre-back, which he eventually turned down.“We went through the process [of signing Terry],” Cook told Sky Sports.“[Chelsea chief executive] Peter Kenyon was there at the time and we had conversations with him, saying we’d like to do it and we’d like to have a conversation.“I think he was probably more confident that he [Terry] wasn’t going anywhere.“We had conversations with John and he decided to stay where he was, and quite rightly so.Harry Maguire, Manchester UnitedLiverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“But there was never a document ready to sign.”Later on, Terry confessed he had used City’s interest as a bargaining chip in order to earn himself a new contract with Chelsea – which doesn’t surprise Cook.“There were players out there who were using us as a stalking horse and that’s the game,” he added.“If you want to get a better contract in your renewal with the club you’re with, then you’ve got to try and raise a market, and that’s what agents would do.“The reality is, would we have liked a lot of them to come? Yes. But the truth is, some of them were a little bit smoke and mirrors.”Terry made 717 appearances for Chelsea in a 19-year stay and won five Premier Leagues and FA cups along with titles like the Champions League and Europa League.After spending last season at Aston Villa, Terry announced his retirement from football during the summer and now plans to embark on a managerial career.last_img read more

admin September 18, 2019 buraha Leave a Comment

Read More

UPDATE FROM NAD REGARDING OPERATIONS AT LPIA

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, September 6, 2017 – Nassau – The Nassau Airport Development Company announces that operations will continue as normal at Lynden Pindling International Airport through to end of day, Thursday, September 7th, 2017. All stakeholders are encouraged to complete the securing of their premises and vehicles in order to have the best possible outcome.   The public is reminded to check with their individual airline regarding any changes in flight times, or cancellations.Airport operations will resume only when the “All Clear” is given by the Met Department/National Emergency Management Agency, after which all airport employees will be expected to safely report for duty to assess any damage, clean up and restore premises to normal condition, for the ordinary resumption of operations.   A statement will be issued by NAD to advise the traveling public as to when the airport resumes full operations.The public is requested to listen carefully to the formal media for updates regarding both cessation and resumption of airport operations as there might be changes in the forward movement of Hurricane Irma requiring adjustments to the operations timelines.Press Release: NAD Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

admin September 17, 2019 mcoaep Leave a Comment

Read More